"The initial transactions involved two separate dispositions of our terminal and warehouse in Brampton which precipitated the design build construction of our state of the art facility at 100 Statesman Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The timing of these transactions was paramount and David's ability to negotiate what was necessary for Robert was certainly put to task. David performed admirably and we are at home with our 400,000 sq. ft. distribution centre on 30 acres of land."
Mr. Eric Elliott, Vice President, Robert Transport
Client Objectives / Situation
- Hurst Real Estate Services Inc. was assigned the mandate to find a buyer or buyers for the two properties on Orenda Road owned by Robert Transport. The closing of these transactions had to match up with the completion of the new design build of 400,000 sq. ft.
Activities / Initiatives
- Inspected potential land parcels
- Reviewed "design build" proposals
- Listed for sale existing properties
- Secured two separate buyers for existing properties on favorable sale/leasback terms for Robert Transport. This allowed ample time for the new facility to be built
- Negotiated 20 year lease with new building on 30 acres of land in a strategic location with a highly reputable developer
more Case Studies
top of page